Monday, May 10, 2010

Power-Endurance

IWT

12x HPC @ 125
400m Run @ 90% HR (171)
rest 90"
3x
Rest 5'
12x Box Front Squat @ 140
2' row @ 90% HR (171)
Rest 90"
3x
Rest 5'
6x Pull ups
6x Push Ups
6x Sit ups
6x Ring Dips
6x Glute-ham-raise
Rest 1'
3 Rounds


This workout kicked my ass.  I need to do some homework on it but I remember something about tryptophan being released in part of the process of muscle contraction or something like that...why do I bring it up?  I feel the overwelming urge to sleep right after this workout.  Big time. 

The weight on the Power Clean was a bit light and every round I kept adding 10# to it.  I think next time I do HPC I need to start at 130 or so.  The front squats were really tough on round 2 and 3.  My heart rate was at target before I even finished the lifts, it was crazy.  90% HR lifting weights?  Who needs cardio when you lift like that?  Sounds like Pat O'Shea was on to something.

I realized that when I listen to sad music I work harder.  I was copying people I look up to by playing loud punk music or trance or what ever, but today it hit me...sadness motivates me.  I have to be very careful though, no one likes to be around sad people.  I have to use it only for workouts, then turn it off.  I'm afraid my natural tendencies will isolate me from people and it's contrary to my deepest goals of build a community...my motivator isolates me from the people I want to be around...very conflicting.

On another note, I was once again reminded that I am not living up to my potential.  It would be harder to take if this wasn't something that is reoccurring.  This is something I have been told since I was 5 years old when I fist started playing soccer.  Every teacher, every coach, every person who comes to know me says the same thing about me; I'm capable of more, if I would just commit.  This time it is in regards to my ability to coach.  Some people close to me say I have the ability to be the best coach they've ever had, but I hold back, I am not living up to my potential yet.  Lots to think about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stephen's shared items