Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Power-Endurance

This blog is about my self-discovery through training.  I don't play water polo anymore.  I don't swim anymore.  I have no sport.  To be honest with all of you who read this, I have been challenged lately sticking to the program.  I am feeling "called out," stagnate, and regression. 

Mark Twight wrote this a few days ago.

Going all out for one minute isn't as easy to do as it is to write, which is why we dig our own holes in our own way: no one should follow leaders who sit back, count reps, and sip energy drinks to keep them awake. Someone asked how people here stay so motivated to work hard. It's expected - from everyone, from the newest newbie to the original players ... it simply doesn't work any other way. And shouldn't.

I have to ask myself; am I living it?  Am I worthy of being followed?  Is asking these questions about myself a sign of weakness?  Self-doubt?  Or a legit gut check?  

Today's workout was supposed to be "Angie"
100 Pull Ups
100 push ups
100 sit ups
100 squats

I didn't warm up, I dragged myself into the gym today to do this damn workout with no motivation in the tank.  I feel so tired, is it real or is it lazy?  I did 25 pull ups and stopped.  Tried to talk myself into finishing...I gave into the "negotiations."  I did 25 push ups, 25 sit ups, 25 squats...then I stopped.  My head was down, no pride.  No reason to be proud.     

I took a few minutes to gather myself and saw the workout the group class is doing today.  15 calories on the concept 2, then 15 burpees for 4 rounds.  Most people were finishing in 8 min.  I think I finished in 7.  Not sure what that means either.  I might have only done 3 rounds, I kind of lost myself focusing on only the moment.

After a few minutes I saw the sandbag that I left in the middle of the floor this morning and decided to put together a little interval of 3 min work, 3 min rest, for 3 rounds.
1. Sand Bag Cleans
2. Sand Bag/KB carry
3. bear crawl
rest 3 min.
3 rounds

So the day ended up looking like this:
AM Session:
75# sled drag2x
60# sandbag + 75# sled drag 2x
1-arm OH 53# KB + 75# sled 2x
Crossover Carry (53# kb/70#kb) + 75# sled

PM:

25 Pull up
25 push up
25 sit up
25 squat
Then:
15 calories
15 burpees
3 Rounds
Then:
10 Sandbag clean and jerk 60#
60# Sandbag + 70# KB carry 2x
bear crawl 2x
rest 3 min.
3 rounds

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stephen's shared items