Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Strength

Warm Up:
Work up to working weight, mobility, stretching, etc btwn sets

Then:
Front Squat - 5x@80kg, 3x@90kg, max reps @ 105kg (6x) - I was really worried on this today.  I thought I might be too sore from Monday's workout to put in the effort needed on this one.  At rep 4 on the max reps, I started to cramp up again in my back.  The load is pulling my shoulder blades out too much and I cramp when I start the eccentric protion of the lift.  The bar stays stationary while my hips continue to drive up until I reach a point where the load is resting on my lower back supporting muscles.  I need to focus on driving my shoulders up from the bottom of the squat.

Snatch - 5x@50kg, 3x@60kg, max reps @ 67kg (9x) - I decided to move the explosive to #2 in the day.  This I think will be a massive improvement on the explosive lifting performance, but what ever is last will be sub-par. 

Chin - 5x@20kg, 3x@25kg, max reps @33kg

Push Press - 5x@65kg, 3x@75kg, max reps @ 85kg (6x)

Tough workout.  All the max reps support a slight increase in my strength levels.  My body mass has decreased to 210 and overall I'm feeling pretty optimistic about things.  I'm still walking like an old man though, sore legs like you wouldn't believe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stephen's shared items