Saturday, July 23, 2011

A corner turned

For the last 2 or 3 years my personal life has absorbed all of my resources. Rightly so, but difficult. I have no regrets for the decisions I had to make in terms of personal sacrifice, but it's been a long road. 

It was only a couple weeks ago that I went to SLC to visit a group I consider to be my mentors, for a seminar. It's no surprise to those who are around me how much I get from this group in SLC and I always come back from my visits there with a new perspective. This time was no different. There isn't anything magical about it, there was no single moment when things turned for me, but there is defintly a before my trip, and an, after my trip. People around me have commented on it too. Their comments have been along the lines of me being more harsh, but after the last few weeks, it's being described more and more as honest, simple, or short almost. I wouldn't say that I am, more honest or harsh now then I was, I just feel like I'm "back." I appreciate honesty, but it's more like honest with yourself.

Recently (Sunday of this week) I decided I was going to pursue Powerlifting. I feel charged up, desire, passion again. The "X" factor I suppose. 

Let's see how much weight I can lift, how far I can take this thing. 

A corner has been turned and I don't know where this road ends, but it feels good to stand again, to explore this mind and body that my spirit resides in. I'll keep you posted as it goes. My hope is that I can lead by example, this idea of a fully integrated life where Mind, Body, Spirit are inseparable. If anyone is reading this thing, feel free to ask me questions on any topic. Until next time, as my teacher used to tell me; "keep going, keep moving." KH

As for the workout today. It was a Max Effort day. I went for a 1RM pin pull. I hit 250kg fairly easily, then missed at 270kg. (too big a jump I guess). 

W/up:
Jobes Shoulder circuit + Heavy sled work @225# 2x through
Workout:
ME - DL pin-pull from knees (250kg)
Then:
GHR (heavy) 5x5@10#
Abs 1 - Hang Knee
Abs 2 - Seated ab crunch
Then:
standing good morning wide stance @ 70kg. 3x6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stephen's shared items